Saturday, February 13, 2010

Inside Canada Pavilion

After Canada Pavilion had officially opened, we headed back inside. I was approached by a pin collector who was very interested in one of my pins (but I didn't trade it). We played some hockey, messed around w/ the mascots & had our own torch relay moment. I really liked it but I don't know how thrilled I would have been to wait in line for hours for it.

With Canadian Astronaut, Julie Payette!!!!!!!! We were so excited to meet her! She was very gracious and spoke with us about her experience of walking in the Opening Ceremonies with the Olympic Flag. She was so honoured to be included. She said the engery was amazing in BC Place and wondered if that translated on TV. We said that it did.

People waiting to be let in.


Game-worn jersey of Maurice "The Rocket" Richard.


With Rachel Greenfeld, who is the Conservative candidate for Vancouver Centre.


The silver torch is for the Paralympics.


With Minister Of National Defence, Peter MacKay.









No comments:

Post a Comment