Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Harry Potter & The Quest For Gold

Email sent to me:
For your next blog, I challenge you to tie in your Harry Potter obsession with the Olympics obsession. Make me proud.

Potential links.... Talk about the magic broom that our Canadian Curling team will use. Totally regulation of course. How about the ski jumpers landing in spectacular form after skillfully dodging a stray Quaffle that Squatchi hit.

Endless opportunities my friend. Endless.

I laughed when I read that. It's true -- it would be a very good blog topic. This morning Canada.com has a big article on the new Wizarding World Of Harry Potter which is opening in Orlando this spring. This would be the perfect time to debut my Harry Potter / Olympic comparison except...it's not written. And sadly won't be written anytime soon. My brother is arriving today (yay) which means I have to do some cleaning (boo) b/c my house elf is totally useless. Also I have a dentist appt (double boo) so there's no time to be creative.
"Hairy Potter" (LOL!) -- Keri and I went to the midnight launch of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows in 2007. It was fun and tons of people were dressed up. There were some really good costumes.

Olympic Countdown: 3 sleeps & 2 working days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment