House Of Switzerland posted some pics today of the work going on at Bridges Restaurant.
"On February 5th in Vancouver (and February 6th in Whistler) from 4:30- 6:30 PM the House of Switzerland Canada 2010 will be inviting the public to experience the features and learn about the events that will take place at the Official Hospitality House." I really wanted to go to this and was about to try and get out of working but it turns out I'm training someone and won't be able to trade my shift. BOO! I love opening night events! Oh well, it'll still be fun whenever we go.
Photo credit: House Of Switzerland's Facebook
Here's some more info on what to expect:
"The House of Switzerland Canada 2010 is a meeting point and social hub for the Swiss Olympic team, Official Hospitality House sponsors, partners and the public. With daily programming, the House of Switzerland is not to be missed.
From February 5 – 28th 2010 at the House of Switzerland Canada 2010 in Vancouver and Whistler there will be on-going events, activities and contests, including:
• A Grand Opening event for media, VIP’s and the public on Friday, Feb 5th in Vancouver & Saturday, Feb 6th in Whistler (4:30 – 6:30 PM)
• Medal ceremonies and celebrations for Swiss Athletes
• Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate giveaways, demonstrations and contests
• ‘Swiss Days’ celebration of traditional Swiss culture
• Daily give-aways from Zimtstern – Switzerland’s most technologically advanced and stylish snowboard and streetwear clothing company
• Swiss Chef’s, who have added Swiss specialty dishes to the local menus
• Live broadcasts of Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games
• Complimentary Pure Swiss bottled water for each guest
• Children’s Entertainment by the famous Globi – the “Mickey Mouse” of Switzerland
• Personalized Nespresso coffee, served by World Barista Champion Sammy Piccolo
• Ricola give-away day
• Free samples from Cheeses of Switzerland
• ‘Swiss Biscuit Day’ with free samples from Swiss biscuit maker HUG
• Live music with musicians from St. Moritz – daily ten-minute sets
• Switzerland’s Official Broadcast studio set-up in Bridges Restaurant
• VIP treatment for media, including complimentary laptops and wireless internet
• A Digital Host providing an instant line of contact through twitter and facebook – watch for twitter contests and “tweet-ups”
• A VALENTINE’S DAY SURPRISE – yet to be revealed
• SAVE THE DATE! Sunday, February 14th in Vancouver and Whistler
• A chance to win a trip for two to St. Moritz Switzerland in Whistler and Vancouver – valued at $10,000 including 5-star accommodation at luxurious Hotel Kempinski or Hotel Badrutt’s Palace
• And much more!"
Okay, I am totally there for Swiss Biscuit Day! I'll let you know as soon as I find out the date.